Why hire a professional plumber rather than doing it yourself?
We all consider saving money when it comes to plumbing problems. You may think you can fix your plumbing issue on your own, or you may have a friend of a friend or a family member who use to do some plumbing every now and then and might be willing to help. However,
- Have you considered the building codes and requirements for your plumbing problem?
- Have you considered the state requirements or the requirements of your HOA – both of which may require that you use a professional plumber?
- Does your friend provide you with liability insurance if their plumbing results in damages to your house?
At second thought, you may feel that calling a professional plumber in Salt Lake City, Utah is the best decision for you!
Consider this, professionally licensed plumbers are required to take a state certifiable test where only 33% of individuals pass the first time. Your plumbing is runs throughout your entire home – hot water, cold water, sewage, and disposal.
All licensed contractors carry liability insurance that ensures your property is protected. If you were to have a plumbing hazard after attempting to fix your plumbing on your own, you would have to claim any damages to your owner’s insurance policy, raising your premium. Worse yet, not all homeowner’s policies cover water damage as a result of a plumbing accident. A licensed plumber is required to carry the appropriate insurance in order to compensate for injuries or damages from the job.
Perhaps your plumbing issue started with a simple clogged pipe. Most of us can fix clogged pipes on our own with a plunger or some store bought products. However, the problem may persist which is an indication that something deeper and potentially more hazardous is causing regular back-ups. Hiring a professional plumber in Salt Lake City will not only get the work done quickly and efficiently, but you will be assured by your plumber’s expertise in handling any plumbing issue. A professional plumber has tools that you will not find readily available in your toolbox as well as years of plumbing experience allowing you to save your money in DIY attempts that may further stress your plumbing issue.
Your licensed plumber will be able to offer you warranties for their repairs within your home in addition to offering insurance that would allow the plumber to fix any damages for free.
Did you know?
In some states, it is illegal to have your plumbing fixed by anyone other than a licensed plumber? Many states require that someone who is currently licensed as a plumber within that state fixes any in-home plumbing issues. Having healthy pipes within your home is a serious business so let the professionals take care of your home today.
- Why wait for the pipes in your home to burst?
- Why deal with flooding or backed up sewage on your own?
Plumbing disasters can result in property loss and cost you thousands of dollars. Have your plumbing system checked regularly especially if you have had any persistent problems. Your Salt Lake City plumber is not only licensed to fix the problem and deal with plumbing emergencies, but also able to do routine maintenance work to help avert future disasters.
Knowing when to hire a professional plumber can save you a lot of time and money. When you feel that your plumbing problem may result in a plumbing emergency, requires expertise, or that the problem is extensive call your local Salt Lake City plumber. If you have any of the following plumbing issues, consider contacting your local Salt Lake City plumber as soon as possible:
- Main Line Stoppage – Does your toilet back up into the tub or shower? Only a professional plumber can help you deal with a main sewage line problem.
- Shower Valve Replacement – Someone who is a licensed plumber can help you pick out the correct valve for your shower and help to install your new shower valve without damaging the shower wall.
- Water Heaters – Do not attempt to adjust your water heater on your own if you are having problems with it. Water heaters can cause severe damage to your water closet area as well as result in injury. Your water heater may just need a simple adjustment from your local Salt Lake City plumber. Issues with hot water can be hard to determine. Electric heater issues include everything from heating elements and circuit breaker fuses to faulty thermostats or bad switches. Gas heating problems may include problems with the burner or the igniter. If you are considering replacing your water heater think before attempting to do this on your own. Your plumber can carry the new one to the basement, hook it up, and make sure everything about your new water heater is working properly before disposing of the old one for you.
- Low water pressure – These problems can be caused by obstructions such as rust or debris throughout the pipes in your house. This can also be caused by low water pressure from the city supply or poor pipe design. Your plumber will be able to correctly determine the cause of the problem and provide you with advice or a solution.
- Sewer line stoppage – If your sewer line is continuously backing up you probably have a bad plug in the line between you and the main sewer. Tree roots are often the cause of sewage line disruptions. You can rent a large sewage rodding machine, which may cause further damage, or you can call your local Salt Lake City plumber to inquire on drain-cleaning services. Your plumber will be responsible for all the repairs.
- Frozen Pipes – This is a common problem during cold, Utah winters. If your pipes freeze check carefully to see if the pipe has already burst or has a crack. If your pipes have damage, call your plumber. You can try thawing a pipe with a hair dryer, but even if the pipe isn’t cracked, heating the pipe too quickly can result in severe cracking and potential bursts. Your plumber may replace the frozen section entirely to save you from further damages.
- Water line damage – Damage that is caused by freezing can take dozens of hours to repair. To repair water line damage, call a professional plumber to have the job done as quickly as possible without taking any of your time.
- Tub Replacement – Redoing your bathroom and replacing your tub or shower is a huge job even for the professionals! If you are doing any home improvements that include bathroom remodeling you will usually have to move existing plumbing. To do this, you’re required to have a plumbing license to help meet home improvement inspections by adhering to building codes and standards.
Whether large home improvement projects or small fixer-uppers, a professional plumber is your best bet at getting the work done quickly, efficiently, and correctly – saving you time and money from any possible damages from fixing things incorrectly. Next time, you are faced with any plumbing project or issue, call your professional plumber in Salt Lake City before it becomes an emergency. Your Salt Lake City plumber will be able to provide you with a detailed estimate. Keep your local plumber’s phone number handy for any emergencies that may occur in the future. You never know when you will be faced with a plumbing emergency where you will need to contact someone you trust as soon as possible. Get to know your local Salt Lake City plumber today for all of your professional plumbing needs!