Drain cleaning is one of the most common issues to face a plumber, and over the years, technology and methods here have advanced. What was once a very rudimentary process is now more precise and detailed, and processes can last longer and be more effective in the long run.
One of the key updates that’s helped this progression along is a video camera inspection of the drain, a technology we utilize regularly at Expert Services- Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electrical. What is this service, and how can it benefit drain maintenance for you? Here’s a look.
Video Inspection Basics
During a video camera inspection of your drains, we place a small video camera inside your drain, mounted on a wheeled base. This base can be manipulated from a control panel, like a remote-controlled toy car. As the camera is guided through the pipes, it relays back images to a screen.
Through this inspection format, much more detail is possible than with any such format in the past. Even the toughest areas can be viewed, and tough-to-reach clogs can be properly identified and repaired. Full-scale excavations that may have had to take place in the past due to a hidden clog are now a total non-concern.
Some of the most common issues a video drain line inspection can pick up include:
- Breaks and cracks, generally caused by shifts in soil
- Joint issues or sea damage
- Clogs built up for a variety of reasons
- Tree roots interfering with the main sewer line after growing outward toward a source of water
There are a few distinct benefits associated with a camera inspection of the drain line:
- Remote areas can be inspected with ease
- Standard maintenance efficiency rises, and costs are reduced
- No digging is required during inspections
- Issues can be isolated without large-scale explorations
- Inspections can be recorded in a more detailed way
- Pipes of all sizes can be examined with the same equipment no matter what
Want to learn more about drain inspection, or any of our other plumbing services? The plumbers at Expert Services- Plumbing, Heating, Air & Electricalare standing by.